Reporting directly to the Director of Business Development and working alongside the Sponsorship and Marketing Communications teams, the Events Coordinator is responsible for deepening 4-H stakeholder engagement and growing unrestricted revenue.
As a key member of the Business Development team, the Events Coordinator oversees the customer database and coordinates programs and events to engage alumni and generate unrestricted funds, including our signature 4-H Leadership Awards and auction. He or she will collaborate closely with the Marketing and Communications team to ensure effective promotions to hit our acquisition and revenue objectives.
- Coordinates events to engage alumni and recognize achievements, including the 4-H Leadership Awards and virtual job fair.
- Supports the Director of Business Development to coordinate fundraising initiatives for the Canadian 4-H Foundation, including a national 4-H fundraiser and online auction.
- Collaborates internally and with provincial 4-H stakeholders on the deployment of the alumni acquisition strategy to grow the database.
- Executes call and email campaigns to share the 4-H value proposition with stakeholders to secure membership and advertising commitments.
- Processes membership, donation and purchase transactions.
- Maintains an up-to-date database of alumni, customers, members and donors.
- Assists in the execution of the retail sales strategy. Identifies relevant and appealing product opportunities and works closely with the Marketing Manager and retail supplier to grow event and online store sales. Tracks and analyzes online sales results and provides performance reports and insights to the team.
- Supports the Director of Business Development in recognizing donors as gifts are received; and helps coordinate stewardship activities as applicable.
- Liaises with a variety of stakeholders including provincial partners, customers, suppliers, alumni, donors, corporate sponsors and public partners.
- Report to Director of Business Development on budget associated with retail programs and alumni activities.
- Coordinates event evaluations and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Carries out other duties as determined from time to time by the Director of Business Development, and/or CEO.
- Represents 4-H in a positive light to internal and external opportunities.
- Preferred degree/diploma in event management, communication, marketing or public relations, or a combination of experience and education.
- Minimum two years of communications experience in the charitable, youth or agriculture sector.
- Experience in a customer service role working with donors and/customers.
- Confident in phone and face-to-face communications.
- Proven ability in working with a wide range of stakeholders, including committees, organizations and ideally, youth.
- Demonstrated leadership in working collaboratively as a team member.
- Able to work under pressure and demonstrates strong organizational, planning and goal-setting skills as well as a keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects with multiple priorities on time and within budget.
- Excellent computer skills and experience using databases – software proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications and donor database or CRM software.
- Bilingualism is preferred.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Accommodates flexible hours, attending events.
Director of Business Development
One-year parental leave coverage contract commencing May 1, 2019
To apply for this position, please submit your application through Charity Village at charityvillage.com.
Please address your cover letter and CV to:
Director of Business Development