SEE THE WORLD AS ONLY A 4-H’ER CAN!
Are you a senior 4-H member or alumni between the ages of 18 and 25? Through 4-H Canada’s Going Global Exchange program, you can explore one of seven countries around the world.
Going Global Exchange Benefits
The 4-H Canada Going Global Exchange program engages 4-H members in an intercultural experience while increasing awareness of sustainable agriculture and food security issues globally. By participating in this program, members will:
- Experience a new country;
- Expand your global perspective and cultural understanding;
- Learn about 4-H programming in another country;
- Learn about sustainable agriculture practices;
- Explore issues related to food security.
Travel and Stay with 4-H’ers from other Countries
The Going Global Exchange is a reciprocal international exchange where you will be twinned – or paired together – with a 4-H member from another country. Be a community champion as you welcome traveling 4-H youth into your home, your club and your country!
4-H Canada members will travel to their selected countries for two to four weeks and then host their twin for another three to four weeks. Travel times may be flexible and occur between the months of May and August.
Safety and Housing
All host families will be screened. Screening requirements include:
- Criminal Record Checks for all adults over 18 years of age in the home.
- Provision of three family and home references.
- Online application form, including photos verifying the suitability of home.
Registration and Costs
The registration fee for the Going Global Exchange is $600. Members are responsible for fees associated with their passport, visas, travel insurance and vaccinations.
Applications open October 15 and close November 30, 2018. Check back here soon for more information.