Looking for other summer job opportunities or careers in the agriculture industry? Check out CareersOnTheGrow.ca.
Using the technology of Agri Job Match, CareersOnTheGrow.ca pulls together the best of agriculture jobs, internships and volunteer opportunities to help you find the perfect fit. Not sure what you might be interested in? Take the questionnaire to get recommendations for industries you might be interested in, upload your resume, save your searches and more.
Visit CareersOnTheGrow.ca and start opening doors for yourself today!
Thank you to our Careers on the Grow Partner:
Are you a 4-H member or alumni, aged 18-25 with a dream for a greener, healthier, more sustainable world? Through our Careers on the Grow placement at FoodShare in Toronto, Ontario, you can build upon your technical and employable skills while gaining meaningful work experience that expands your professional network.
Careers on the Grow Placement Benefits
- Hands-on opportunity to develop new skills and explore your passions;
- Room and board will be provided to members, either through on-site accommodations or with host families;
- Available placements take place in May 2019.
- An honorarium will be granted for each week worked.
Safety and Housing
Host families are needed in Toronto for the Careers on the Grow placement at FoodShare. All host families will be screened and selected host families will receive a stipend to help cover costs of room and board. Screening requirements include:
- Criminal Record Checks for all adults over 18 years of age in the home.
- Provision of three family and home references.
- Online application form, including photos verifying suitability of home.
Registration and Costs
There are no registration fees for the Careers on the Grow placements. Members are responsible for fees associated with their passport and baggage fees.
Applications open October 15, 2018 and close January 14, 2019. Check back here soon for more information.