Made up of 12 4-H’ers from across the country, our YAC members help drive the policy and decisions of 4-H Canada by meeting as a committee on a regular basis, making recommendations to 4-H Canada regarding programming, policy development, marketing and communications and representing 4-H Canada at events and conferences.
Each YAC member actively participates in selected working groups to assist 4-H Canada staff in the planning and facilitation of national conferences, act in an advisory capacity to 4-H Canada staff on the development of youth-friendly programs, resources, digital communications and more. Working groups available to YAC members include:
- Two representatives on Board of Directors (non-voting)
- Marketing & Communications Working Group
- Board Representatives and Admissions Working Group
- 4-H Canada Conferences Working Group
- Program & Policy Working Group
YAC member terms last two years with the possibility of renewal for an additional one or two year term.
Meet our YAC:
Sara Kate Smith
Prince Edward Island
Nefoundland & Labrador