We’re Looking for our Next Awesome Intern!
You will be a key player on the fast-paced, 4-H Canada team as we host 4-H youth members, volunteers and professionals from around the world for the Global 4-H Network Summit in Ottawa this summer. Your creativity and story-telling ability will be showcased through the creation and delivery of event materials, social media, email campaigns and website content leading up to and during the event. You will also help plan and develop materials to support the launch of a global, knowledge-sharing platform.
In this role you will:
- Help to create/design volunteer and delegate handbook, event signage and other collateral materials as required.
- Help create content to support the global launch of an online knowledge-sharing platform, 4-H LEARNS.
- Work across key social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram; as well as email marketing campaigns; and Global 4-H Network website (s):
- Help create content for, and manage, Global 4-H Network digital communications including the website at www.global-4-h-network.com; blog and email communications.
- Manage Global 4-H Network Twitter and Instagram accounts and post to Global 4-H Network Event Page on Facebook.
- Enthusiastically engage with and encourage delegates to share content on social media during the Summit. Support 4-H Canada Communications Coordinator in the execution of the on-site social media during the Global 4-H Network Summit, July 11-14.
- Help update, consolidate and segment customer lists.
- Attend Global 4-H Network Summit event and others as required and represent 4-H Canada in a positive light.
- Other writing and design tasks required to support the Global 4-H Network Summit.
- Other tasks as required by supervisor.
Qualifications and Skillsets You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Current student or recent graduate of communications and/or graphic design or related program (within 3 years).
- Comfortable working with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, Wordpress, Mailchimp, and various project management and social media platforms.
- Basic knowledge and experience with HTML coding an asset.
- A personal drive towards excellence, a positive attitude and desire to make an impact in the world.
- Strong organization skills and ability to work effectively and accurately on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Experience with event communications, including but not limited to on-site social media, minor video and photo editing.
- Experience working with rural communities, 4-H and/or youth-specific organizations and/or the agricultural sector an asset.
- Excellent communication skills and proficient in English and French.
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident (Must be eligible for employment in Canada).
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter by March 31, 2017 to:
Global 4-H Network Summit Event Chair, 4-H Canada