For more than 100 years, 4-H has been one of the most highly respected positive youth development organizations in the country.
We believe in nurturing responsible, caring and contributing leaders who are committed to positively impacting their communities.
The four H’s represent our core values:
Head: managing, thinking
Heart: relating, caring
Hands: giving, working
Health: being, living
One of the world’s largest youth organizations, 4-H can be found in more than 70 countries across the globe. 4-H in Canada has more than 23,500 members and 7,800 volunteers.
Together with our partners, we offer innovative, youth-centred programs that provide meaningful, positive experiences designed to build confidence, positive self-identity, self-esteem, and a sense of achievement.
Read our mission and vision.
4-H in Canada operates at three levels.
- 4-H Canada is the national governing body for 4-H in Canada.
- We oversee the 4-H Canada license, standards of practice, risk management, and branding.
- The national office manages national programs, events, scholarships, grants, and more.
- Each province has a 4-H organization that operates autonomously.
- These organizations oversee the operation and activities of 4-H in their respective provinces.
- Community-based clubs are the grassroots of 4-H in Canada.
- Clubs conduct meetings and organize activities for local youth.
Learn To Do By Doing
My head to clearer thinking,
My heart to greater loyalty,
My hands to larger service,
My health to better living,
For my club, my community,
my country, and my world.
The 4-H Pledge is getting the addition of '…and my world' at the end to better reflect our promise as 4-H’ers to commit our head, heart, hands and health to the world around us. Learn more.
4-H is dedicated to providing a safe and inclusive environment that allows for universal access and participation. Please read our inclusion statement.