Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Length of Contract: This is a one-year full-time contract (February 18, 2019, through January 27, 2020)
Purpose: As one of the most well respected youth-serving organizations in the country, 4-H Canada delivers world-class positive youth development programming in areas relevant to today’s youth.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), this staff person is responsible for the oversight of daily operations and the management of the organization with their essential job tasks. Executive Assistant is responsible for organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. The Executive Assistant must have a passion for advocacy and community work and a gift for organization and adaptability. Also works towards achieving the organization's philosophy, mission, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives.
- Represent 4-H Canada in a positive manner at all times
- Develop mutual trust and build a courteous, respectful and compassionate team environment with other staff members, organizational leaders and partners
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission, philosophy and vision of the organization. Has strong support for the 4-H mandate
- Adhere to the organization's code of ethics and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Commit to on-going improvement with regards to personal and professional skills necessary for the position
- Responsible for providing high-level support to board members, foundation trustees, and Chief Executive Officer as well as office staff
- Act as the first point of contact for partners, collaborators, and/or members and serves as their on-going advocate
- Complete administrative tasks including preparing correspondence, greeting visitors, preparing reports and office shared calendar, monitoring email, process incoming and outgoing mail and courier material, scheduling and conducting appointments and meetings, tracking information in a database, and create and maintaining systems to ensure an organized office environment
- Maintenance of records including members download site (Board, Foundation, Investment, Audit), manuals (policy, members orientation, foundation trustee orientation, board orientation) and membership
- Ensures that all non-computer office equipment is working properly, is maintained (paper, cartridges etc.) and reports any problems to the appropriate service personnel
- Other duties necessary as directed by Chief Executive Officer
Annual General Meeting and Semi-Annual Meetings Responsibilities
- Coordinate Annual General Meeting and Semi-Annual Meeting logistical arrangements.
- Arrange travel and accommodations for meeting participants if needed.
- Preparation for virtual meetings including set up of webcast and coordination of participants.
- Preparation for physical meetings, including booking and setup of meeting rooms, making catering arrangements, booking and set up of audio/visual equipment, and coordinator of participants
- Prepare meeting packages to be delivered via email printed for onsite use
- Perform database updates for Board of Directors, Canadian 4-H Foundation, Provincial Advisory Committee and Youth Advisory Committee
- Provides AGM notifications, meeting setup, and coordination of meeting plan
- Coordinators all award and certificate needs for the meetings and events
- Records member voting results and meeting minutes
Board and Trustee Support Responsibilities
- Collect and distribute agendas, minutes and attachments, memos and other written material on a needs basis.
- Provide support to both Chairs as required in the form of correspondence, travel and other duties assigned.
- Administer new directors and trustees with welcome package and orientation process.
Financial Maintenance Responsibilities
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing cheques
- Coordinate invoicing to the proper departments
- Prepare weekly bank deposits
- Handling and management of petty cash
- Approves bank express transfers
- Has signing authority for 4-H Canada
IT Management Responsibilities
- Manage IT inventory and ensure all office equipment is maintained and working properly
- Liaise with contracted IT company to provide support to staff and equipment
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Management and monitoring of event log
Qualifications and Skills
- Diploma in office administration, or related field
- Experience in business or office-related settings
- Experience working or volunteering within a non-profit organization
- Enthusiastic conduct with a flexible and adaptable attitude
- Ability to work well under pressure and demonstrates strong organizational, planning and goal-setting skills as well as keen attention to detail
- Outstanding professionalism, and oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work with a wide range of individuals, committees, organizations and ideally, youth
- Proven ability to coordinate projects with multiple priorities on time
- Confidence in handling phone and face-to-face communication with donors, partners and the general public
- Excellent computer skills and experience using databases
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
To apply for this position, please visit Charity Village.
Please address your cover letter and CV to:
Program Director, 4-H Canada