Position type: Full Time
Location: Based at the 4-H Canada office in Ottawa, Ontario – Remote during COVID-19
Purpose: Reporting directly to the Director of Finance and Administration, the Finance Manager is responsible for ensuring that 4-H Canada’s financial and business systems are effective, efficient, and compliant with a high level of rigour and integrity to support the organization in continuing to achieve its mission.
Reports to: Director of Finance and Administration
- Collaborates with departments, colleagues, peers, and superiors to ensure budget forecasts and stakeholder funding reports are accurate, timely and with rigour.
- Effective Supervision and leadership of the Finance Coordinator and oversight of functions that are contained within that portfolio (i.e., Payroll, A/P, A/R).
- Support the Director of Finance and Administration with reporting required for both Board and Foundation meetings, and policy development.
- Oversight of the organization’s day-to-day financial practices (i.e., accounting journal entries and reconciliations).
- Ensures that the accounting and financial practices of the two charitable entities are carried out in a manner consistent with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, CRA and fundraising principles.
- Establishes, maintains, and manages a business continuity program; educates staff regarding staff financial risks, tools, policies, and procedures.
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensures that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate.
- Facilitates the organization’s internal controls to ensure that the auditors are able to perform their examination functions efficiently.
- Represents 4-H in a positive manner during any internal and external opportunities and assignments.
- Performs any other duties as required by the Director of Finance and Administration.
Qualifications and Skills
- CPA designation and a university degree in business, finance, or accounting.
- 3 to 5 years of accounting experience in the not-for-profit or charitable sectors.
- Ability to work effectively and accurately on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks Cloud accounting software.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Strong analytical skills with project management and time management acumen with a bias towards action.
- Honesty, integrity, and the ability to be discreet and confidential.
- Ability to obtain a clear criminal reference check.
- Bilingualism in English and French is considered an asset.
Deadline to apply: Friday, Mar. 26, 2021, 5 p.m. ET
To apply for this position, please submit your application through Charity Village.
Please address your cover letter and resume to:
Shannon Benner, CEO