We’re looking for our next awesome intern!
This 2-part internship opportunity is jointly supported by IICA Canada and 4-H Canada. Part one of the internship will be hosted by 4-H Canada, where you will play a leading role in the development of our global knowledge-sharing platform, 4-H LEARNS. You will gain project management experience by being responsible for the collection of resources, tools, best practice program models, curricula and other 4-H learning materials from more than 70 4-H organizations across the globe. The role will involve outreach to 4-H countries, promotion of 4-H LEARNS as a new knowledge-sharing platform and the collection and organization of resources within web-based platform.
For part two of the internship, you will report to the Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture (IICA) Delegation in Canada and be responsible for identifying initiatives and best practices undertaken in the Canadian food sector to reduce food waste and assessing the applicability of the identified practices for adoption in Latin American and Caribbean countries.
Compensation and Internship Terms:
- The internship runs for a total of 7 months from November 2016 to May 2017.
- 12 weeks (3 months/450 hours) with 4H Canada in Ottawa
- 16 weeks (4 months) with IICA Canada in Ottawa.
- Compensation for this internship is $20,000 (payable upon satisfactory completion of certain deliverables throughout the internship).
Qualifications and Skillsets You’ll Bring to the Teams:
- Recent graduate of agriculture or science based program (within 3 years).
- Experience in education, community outreach, rural development, international development or related field.
- Experience working with rural communities, 4-H and/or youth-specific organizations and/or the agricultural sector.
- Comfortable working with databases and web platforms.
- Excellent communication skills and proficient in English, French or Spanish (other languages an asset).
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident (Must be eligible for employment in Canada).
To apply please send your resume and cover letter by
November 25, 2016 via email to:
Program Director, 4-H Canada