Lighting the Way Forward with 4-H
Date: April 22-24, 2022
Location: Westin Nova Scotian, Halifax, NS
About this event
Leadership Summit is an exciting opportunity for 4-H volunteer leaders and professionals to showcase the communities they are building, share innovative program ideas, and hear from experts on emerging topics. It includes a mix of workshops, an expert keynote, knowledge sharing, networking, and fun!
We’re heading to Halifax, Nova Scotia in April 2022, where Leadership Summit will be co-hosted by 4-H Nova Scotia, as part of 4-H Nova Scotia’s 100th-anniversary celebrations!
What to expect
4-H is all about the “Learn To Do By Doing” approach. The best way to create a 4-H club where youth feel valued, connected, and supported is to experience these things when you attend Leadership Summit! We hope at the end of Leadership Summit you feel:
- Valued, as we celebrate volunteer achievements;
- Connected, as we share successes and challenges, and you expand your network within the 4-H movement;
- Supported, as we share new resources and bring in experts to engage you in thinking about new approaches and best practices in positive youth development; and
- Equipped, with new tools, skills, and ideas to take back to your club and share with your youth members.
Check out the Leadership Summit Overview for more information on what to expect and a high-level conference schedule.
- Access to the Leadership Summit program, including all workshops, keynotes, sessions and activities.
- Round-trip flight or other transportation to and from Leadership Summit
- Ground transportation (shuttle to/from the hotel)
- Meals (breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and breaks, beginning with lunch on Friday, April 22)
- Single hotel accommodations (unless members of the same household)
- 4-H Night in the Country event hosted by 4-H Nova Scotia.
- Ticket to attend the 4-H Canada Leadership Awards which will be held virtually on Feb. 23, 2022, prior to Leadership Summit.
How to attend
Leadership Summit is open to 4-H volunteer leaders from across Canada. Registration is managed through your provincial 4-H office.
Registration for Leadership Summit is $700/person. Some provinces subsidize the registration feed for their leaders. Please check with your provincial 4-H office for more information.
Apply to be a presenter
We are looking for proposals from 4-H leaders and professional staff who would like to share their experience and expertise with the other Leadership Summit participants. We will also be reaching out directly to external experts in different fields. Presenter submissions must be received by Nov. 29, 2021. For more information, refer to page 6 of the Leadership Summit Overview.
To apply, please complete the proposal form by Nov. 29, 2021.
Health, safety, and COVID-19 protocols
As with all 4-H Canada’s programs set for in-person delivery in 2022, Leadership Summit planning includes the ongoing review of COVID-19 safety measures to follow the most up-to-date information from public health authorities. 4-H Canada continues to work with 4-H Nova Scotia, Nova Scotia and Halifax public health, and the Westin Nova Scotian on COVID-19 policies to ensure a safe and healthy environment exists for all our Summit delegates. For more information, refer to page 8 of the Leadership Summit Overview.
Thank you to our partners
Careers on the Grow Partner